Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Union

Mar 2, 2015

I left punta arenas.  It was sad.  I really hope that i will be able to go back there soon.  Such a cool place.  Such good people.  But it was fun.  On the way up i got to meet up with a bunch of old friends.  Elder Aedo was waiting for me in the terminal in Puerto Montt.  I love that guy.  Also, i ended up seeing almost all of my group. I ended up getting here at 9:00 at night.  And we didnt end up working that day at all. 

I made it to La Union.  It is really weird to be in the north of the mission.  I just spent the last year and three months stranded in the frozen south.  I did not even knkow that it could be hot in our mission.  But let me tell you that it is really, really hot.  Well maybe its not that hot, but my body has gotten used to the cold, and now i am getting destroyed.  its fun though.  New things are always good.  

The sector is big.  Its the centro sector and there arent that many people that actually live in the sector and we dont have that many investigators.  But its cool.  I am feelling super good about being here. The house is good. We live with two other elders in a big house.  Its nice and clean.  The branch is good, the branch president is more hyperactive than a chipmunk, and we have a really really good mission leader who is pumped on having activities and getting the members help.  The other members, from what ive seen are not too excited, but we have a vision to change that.  That is what i feel like we are missing here.  The members complete suport.  

Gonna be a good cambio.  My compaion is Elder Hazard.  He is super sick, from Reno, Nevada, and another world class shotput/discus thrower. We have been getting along splendedly.  We are going to give the 100% this cambio and reap the blessings.  

I feel different about this cambio for some reason.  Not sure why, but i feel like its going to be really, really good.

I love you guys a ton.  I hope i wrote enough for you. Hopefully mom got enough details to be satisfied. We`ll see.

Ooodles of love,

Elder bo..bo..bo.......

(not a chance)

1.  This guy is a champion from Patagonia. 
2. Saying goodbye to Alexis our investigator



No comments:

Post a Comment