Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Cambios???

May 18 2015

We just got the cambios.  I get to stay with Elder Hazard for my last cambio.  He has already been here for 6 months and now he is privileged by a 3rd cambio with me.... Not really, i pray diligently so that he can have the patience necessary to deal with me.  But im way stoked to be together another one.  Its gonna be way cool.  This is the last push to the Finnish.

This week was hard but super good.  We are working like a bunch of crazy men to find some new investigators.  The thing that i know how to do and i know works are contacts.  We contacted up a storm this week.  I feel really good about it.  The thing that I have noticed this week is that each time a person rejects us, i have a horrible feeling, its not that I'm offended or that they hurt my feelings, its that i know that this is something that will make their lives so much better.  It really does stink when you try and talk to the family and the mom stops and the dad keeps going, it ticks me off.  But i think that my studies of charity are really helping me out.  I love these people.  Chileans are the best.  So many of them are crazy and so many of them are cranky and proud but there are so many of them that try so hard to do what is right.  This country is the best!  so much better than Argentina!  

This week we had a performance in the catholic church.  At the cathedral here there is a rec gym kind of thing off to the side that is always open for events.  This week there was a charity Bingo where the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints were the main source of entertainment.  Elder Davis did a parcour show and then Elder Johnson and Elder Hazard sang and played guitar. I sat back and hit my drum sticks on the ground a couple of times.  But it was way cool, about 350 people were there, and we got some great publicity.   

The Copa Americana starts soon and all of the Chilean flags are startting to come out.  It takes place in Chile this year so its gonna get nuts here.  

Anyways I love you guys a ton!  This is gonna be a good week.

Keep good,

Elder Borup

No comments:

Post a Comment