Tuesday, August 6, 2013

First Letter from MTC
 
I made it! it wasn¨t even that bad. there were ten of us all going  to chile osorno mission in dallas we met up with two more going to chile rancagua mission.  the MTC is great so far.  i dont have a companion yet but i think he will be arriving later today. 
  
So on the plane from Salt Lake City to Dallas i was able to talk to this really cool guy.  He was from Tampa and he was in Salt Lake to visit family. He sat in between me and a sister missionary who had already been in the mtc for six weeks.  We saw that he had a bible in his hand and asked him what religion he was a part of he said that he didnt really beleive too much in organized religion! Boy did I have an awnser for him.  but the sister sitting on the other side of him beat me to the punch. We had a great discusion that lasted all of the flight.  We talked about the first vission and the plan of salvation, and the trinity. He wasnt crazy about what we were saying but he definantly was interested, especially when we told him how long we were going to serve.  At the end of it i gave him the Book of Mormon dad had given me right before we left and asked if he would read it.  He said he would and then he had us write our email addresses on the tittle page.  I cant think of a better way to start the mission. 
 
I am really blessed to have travled so much growing up.  i felt confident and safe while traveling.
 
so we got our schedule right when we got here, and boy is it packed.  tuesday is my temple and preperation day. i hope i can get to go there a lot.  but it is one of the most beutiful places ive seen. 
 
This is going to be a great experience and although i will miss you guys a lot I know that this is the lords work and that Joseph Smith is a real prophet and so is Thomas S. Monson.  Love all of you (especialy izzy).  I hope that by the time i get back i will have the confidence.
Love,
       Elder Weston Borup
 
 
We got this email  the next morning.

So my companion came at 10:30 last night.  he is awesome, he has great spanish and i hope i can learn from him.  but what is really great about him is that he is a huge lord of the rings fan.  we get along great and so far we still havent had any kind of instruction, besides go to breakfast.  it is beutiful here, we have a gigantic campus that has lots of benches and parks.  We do have our own shower and bathroom.  there is a small problem with mosquitos though. I have completely unpacked and everything is either hung up or folded.  if you could send me my emunization dates through email in the next few days that would be amazing. love you.
 
Elder Borup 
 
I think that the best way to contact me is still through email. I think it would fun though to get some letters.  i have no idea how often we would get them but it would still be fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment