Tuesday, August 13, 2013

 Week 4
Hola! how is everyone doing? Sounds like you're doing good. I'm doing great! I got all of the various packages from Daniel Metro and through the mail.  They were amazing!!!  This week has been a little harder than past weeks and those packages just pepped me right up.  thank you so much.   I am really starting to count down the days until i leave for Osorno.  I can't believe I have been out for a month already.  The days are really starting to fly by.  I am a little conflicted though, i want to leave and go down to Chile but at the same time i feel like my spanish needs tons of improving.  I'm sure i'll be fine though. 
this is a view from right out side of our dorm room and it is what i woke up to this morning. 
I cant even begin to describe how amazing this place is.  we are surounded by mountains and it is always the perfect temperature.  There is an amzing spirit that is here and you can deffinently feel it. 
This week me and my compadre have really had to step up our game.  They added 3 more pretend investigators that we have had to prepare for, and less time to prepaire for them. but that is probably how it is going to be out in the feild.  Anyways we have had to adjust to how we study and how we prepair and it has all worked out fine. 
The ping pong net has been awesome! i found Daniel teusday night and we had a tournament because it was our pday. i won. But we found out we arent aloud to play games after 9:30 so we stopped. Total Obedience. At least we try.


My compadre Elder Beach is going to the Farmington NM mission.  He is super excited because most of his mission is on the Indian reservation.  Durango is also in his mission and so i have been telling him all about the million dollar highway.  And luckly Hermana is going to a different mission then me so i probably won't ever to see her after the mtc. 
I have been rocking the book of mormon this entire week.  i am already on alma 20.  That Book is amzing!  I am excited to share it with all of Chile. They will love it for sure.  I have gotten so much more out of it because i have been taking notes and writting down all of my thoughts. 
I think i am already startting to get weird.  When ever i take a break for studdying i go over to the window and just stare at the birds.  I have no idea why but i have developed a strange interest in them.  Right outside our classroom window there is a huge tree and in the tree there are at least 50 or 60 parakeets at any given time.  I just look at them and watch their behavior.  I am woried about myself.  Oh and every time i hear a plane i look up and watch it until it is out of view.
Over all i think my sanaty is mostly there.  Once i am done here we are going to go play volleyball with our branch, and before that we are going to trade ties.  i dont know if i want to get rid of any of mine yet but we will see. by the way mom those ties that you sent to me were amazing!  all of my district wants them but they will never have them.  thank you so much. 
I am really looking forward to seeing Hunter.  i miss that guy. And it will be nice to see a familliar face. Good old Pancho. (spainsh name in elementry) 
This week i made a funny spanish mistake.  i was going to go sit down and i said voy a sentir me, which means i am going to feel myself, what i meant was voy a sentar me, but the damage is done and i get made fun of every day. its alright though, it was super funny.
i probably should be going.  I love all of you guys. it has only been a month and i can already tell this is going to be the best two years for my life.  I really don't like being a way from home but it is going to all be worth it.  Till next week.
Love,
Elder Paco Borup

1 comment:

  1. I love his letters they make me laugh. And I like hearing about the crazy Hermana. The fact that he's noticing the parakeets and the birds just shows he's finding joy in the little things. I don't think he's crazy yet!

    ReplyDelete