Tuesday, August 6, 2013

 Week 3
 
This has been an awesome week.  Thank you so much for the emails, they mean a lot to me.  This place is getting a little monotonous but i am loving it.  I learn more and more every day and the spanish is coming along slowly but surely. 
 
its good to hear how every one is doing.  Dad you need to get that paddle for the long board. that sounds awesome. Mom thank you so much for cleaning my room for me and for sending that stuff down. i havent seen any busses come in yet but i will find Daniel Metro when i see them start to come in. How should i send the camera back?  we get tons of new missionaries in every week and so far none have left. besides the latinos who only stay for 2 weeks.  Have you gotten any of my letters yet? i have sent 8 so far. 
 
Dear, Scott
 
Happy Birthday Scott. I hope it was a good day. 
 
Sincerely,
Weston
 
P.S. I cant wait to murder you in solitaire
 
So this week we had a ton of lessons to teach. we got two new pretend investigators and me and my companion are killing it.  I hope we can get them to commit to baptism before the end of this week.  probably not.  I hope though.  Our branch president, Presidente Machado, challenged us to re read the book of mormon before we leave.  Initially i was upset with that because i was in ether chapter 12.  I decided to take notes though while i read, it has helped me so much.  You get so much out of the scriptures when you are writting every thought that comes into your mind. It has been fun and i am already to 2nd Nefi ch. 15.  it has been a very rewarding experience. 
 
This week for Pday we ran out of ping pong balls so we have been playing volleyball.  haha! It has been super fun though.  all of the elders in  my districto play and it is awesome!  I am not good at all but it is still very fun.  maybe by the time i get back i will be able to feel confident enough to play at the swain christmas party.  probably not.  but maybe.
 
i played one of my roommates in pingpong today.  he said he was the best in his entire district. Whooped his bottom.  It was great. Thanks dad for teaching me all of the tips and tricks. Cant wait to get home so i can beat you.
 
It is weird how much has happened in a week and how little i can remember from it.... there is a story about Hermana though.  She has been sick all week, and when she blew her nose this sunday something unearthly came out. She then went around and showed everyone in the entire building what came out.  she is just the best.   
 
Durring testimony meeting this week something crazy happened. Hermana was bearing her testimony and i had zonned out.   I was just sitting there thinking about lunch, when all of a sudden i felt this weird feeling.  I heard her say something about her Gandma who had died a while back. I started thinking about Grandpa Borup and how dad said i would feel closer to him on my mission.  And then i just started crying.  I felt his love. And i felt the love from all of you guys back home.  It was like our whole familly was in a room together again.  It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.  I know that we will all get to see Grandpa again. I felt it. 
I love all of you guys so much. 
 
Love,
Elder Weston Borup
 
P.S. i havent seen anyone from our stake here, but so far i have seen two from my school. Cameron Burr and Trevor OBrion. And the food is still aweful. the highlight of the week was when we got cereal dispensors. I have had fruit loops for breakfast every day. and some times for dinner.  And so far i weigh the exact same as i left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment