Tuesday, August 20, 2013

 Week 5
 
dear acquaintance's,
 
how is everyone this fine week? i hope you are all fine.  One of the best parts of my week is when i get to read about how everyone is doing back home. I know it shouldn't be but this place is really starting to get the better of me.  I really can not wait until i go to Chile!  I am mostly excited about the food.  Yesterday we had hot dogs.  I honestly have never had anything like it before.  it tasted a little bit like spam but with less real meat.  We went to the temple today (it was amazing), and on the bus ride home that hot dog destroyed my insides.  I had to hold in some crazy urges for the 1 hour bus ride back to the CCM.  It was one of the most painful experiences of my life.  but i am alright now. 
 
So i found Hunter last Tuesday.  It was awesome to see someone i knew back home.  He is doing great.  he also enjoyed the hot dogs last night.
 
This week has been a lot harder than previous weeks... I am really struggling to keep focused, this being the last week in the CCM.  During our study time i find myself day dreaming of Chile.  Its not that this place is bad, its just that i finally want to apply what i have learned here to real life teaching.  But I am still learning more day by day. I do like this place a lot and it will be hard to say goodbye to my district, and to the ping pong tables.  My companion is playing in the devotional tonight and i will be in the choir.  I still really don't like to sing.  I have gone with my companion to the piano room for the past two weeks so that he can practice his piano.  I have heard the same song for 12.5 hours.  I am slowly going insane. And because i have to be with my companion at all times i got roped into the choir.  Oh well after tonight i am telling him no more piano for the next week.  maybe. if i can muster up the courage.  I have sung more here than i think any other person should ever have to sing.  maybe besides bruce springsteen.  We sing constantly, and i think i am finally getting used to it.
 
My life has changed a ton since i have come here I have really learned what it means to study, and what it means to teach.  And now i am way excited to get to Chile to apply every thing that i have learned here to my investigators.  I CANT WAIT. 
 
Well my companion is waiting for me so that he can go practice piano more. so i gots to go.  I love all of you guys so much.  I know that i am here on the Lords errand and that he will protect me.  Ill write you again once i get to Chile!
 
love,
Elder Steamer Borup

No comments:

Post a Comment