Saturday, November 30, 2013

Not Thanksgiving

Hi everyone.  How is it going? Good job at the race! I feel like you guys look way different, what with all of the surgeries and diets, I don't think I'm going to be able to recognize any of you people in 2 years.  I love hearing from all of you, Mom, Dad, Whitney, Mckenzie, Jessica, Grandma, and Tom.  It really is a big boost to hear from all of you.  Sorry I can never really write all of you back in a timely manner, but ill try harder.
So this week was something else.  Tons of work. TONS.  I am exhausted.  but I'll try and write a worth while letter.  We started the week by receiving news that last week was not Thanksgiving.  Its OK though.  We bought another pizza and celebrated again.  So I had two thanksgivings this year.  HA.  

On Sunday we decided we were going to work.  The mindset in the mission is that Sun. is a day to talk to all of the members.  But we decided it would be better if we knocked doors.  Good decision.  The second door we knocked that day the man invited us in immediately.  We met his family, 4 year old son and his wife, and we talked to them for about 30 min about all sorts of stuff.  Then we taught the Restoration. That never happens! no one ever invites us in.  Then we asked them if they would be baptized if they found that what we taught them was true.  They accepted!  again, that never happens.  We have an appointment with them again on Sunday.  

Mon. was an average day.  But Tuesday was extraordinary.  We taught a daughter of a recent convert that Elder Warren had taught a few times before.  Her name is Silvina.  Then we went to the home of a family that Elder Warren had contacted the week before I got here and they let us in and we taught the whole first lesson with them. They also committed to be baptized.  I can still hardly believe it.  Ovejeria has been struggling for the past little while but now it is in full swing.  I am seriously pumped to be here! 

Yesterday was not so productive.  We woke up and while Elder Warren was in the shower the pipes below the kitchen sink blew.  There was a huge flood in our kitchen and we spent most of the day cleaning and drying things.  We did make it out in the end of the day and we went to an investigator named Constanza.  She is 17 years old and her mom owns a little store right next to the church.  We teach them a lot and I think that they are really progressing.  In the end of the day we bought some Pan con Chicharon.  Basically what it is is a cinnamon role, but instead of the cinnamon and raisins, it is made with Pig Fat.  Real healthy. lots of Protein.  

I am staying healthy though.  Not so much by choice but that doesn't really matter.  Our sector is divided into two areas, Ovejeria alto, and ovejeria bajo.  Alto is on a big plateau and there are some crazy stairs and hills to get there. and we have to climb them at least 4 times a day.  And this morning we, for morning exercise time, decided to run them.  Lots of fun.  But its good for me.  

Well I got to go now. My Pday plans for today.  Sleep.  Going to be awesome. Next week I'm going to try and send some pics of our tree. Oh and i made some sock reindeer out of an old sock and a broken umbrella.  I´ll try and send a picture of that as well. 

Love,
Elder Chicharon Borup

1 comment:

  1. Weston...Elder Borup, it sounds like you are doing great! We went over to your parent's house last night for cookies and ice cream and lots of visiting. Liana is in town so it will nice to get to visit with her. She is going to try and come back for Christmas.

    I spent the day of church work too. I had the privilege of getting visa gift cards and delivering them to 21 families in our ward. Our ward members provide the funding for our 'Angel Tree." They are very generous so it is nice to be able to help some families in need. I hope it will make their Christmas.

    Merry Christmas to you. We love you and are very proud of you. Aunt Kim

    ReplyDelete