Monday, November 25, 2013

Ovejería

Hi! hows it going? I just got the package you sent me! It is sitting right next to me but I am going to try and restrain myself until i get home.  Dad why are you in Chicago?

Well transfers happened.  I took a two hour bus ride on wed. and it was awful.  I hate bus rides.  The scenery was amazing but i couldn't look out the window because i was on the verge of throwing up the whole time...  I made it though.  I did throw up a little.  But Dad, we need to make the motorcycle trip happen.  The road was epic.

I got into the bus station at around 12 and then we went to the apartment.  Its nice.  a little dirty, but it does have a Christmas tree.  The one big problem is that there is no hot water.  Showers are the worst.  I try to shower in about 2 min. We don't do our laundry in a bucket.  The members take turns washing them for us.  We do have a mamita. She is really nice.  We go to her house and pick up the food, because her husband is a truck driver, and is hardly ever home.

My companion is awesome.  He is from American Fork.  Really nice guy, really hard worker.  Like El Estanque this sector has been "dead" for the past couple of months, but we are definitely going to change that.  

Well i am in Osorno.  Every one says Osorno is super ugly but really its not too bad.  I like it a lot.  I am loving the new ward.  Still haven't met everyone but they all seem really nice.  The past few days have been a blur.  completely forgot about Thanksgiving, we celebrated last night though with a pizza.  We have been working like crazy people.  Contacting every one we see.  I am starting to learn how to contact.  It's sad but me and elder Randall hardly ever did street contacts.  Now that is all we have been doing.  People are a lot more receptive here.  It is really nice.  

Something that I am trying out this week is giving treats to dogs.  When we are doing contacts sometimes there are dogs barking at us, and it is distracting, so i thought it would be a good idea to throw them something to eat to keep them quiet.  We´ll see how it works.  

Well i got to go.  I love you guys.

Love,
Elder Steamer Borup

No comments:

Post a Comment