Monday, October 28, 2013

Long Week

Hi everybody! hows it going.  I cant believe the picture of the van! Its unreal!  You put a completely new engine in it? that's crazy. But it looks as good as new. You guys are finally going to New York for the marathon?  Have fun! and send me some pics.  I like pictures.  BYU! taking care of business! sounds like they are doing really well this year.  Figures... they decide to play when im out of the country.  Well i probably should talk about my week.
Well you know how we thought it doesn't get hot.... Haha. It does.  And you know how we were wondering how bad the fleas could be.... bad.  My legs are covered in bites.  I hate those little devils.  But so far they haven't moved to the rest of my body.  
Well this week our land lady asked us to do something weird.  She has a kitten that she rescued from the streets and that still needs to be fed by a bottle, and she said that we needed to take care of it for a day.  We couldn't really say no.  So this is a picture of me feeding it.

 
It was a weird week.  And a really hard one. We kept getting shut down.  We are trying really hard to find new people to teach but so far it has been completely unfruitful ( that's a word right?). But we did have success with the less active members this week. it was awesome.  We taught about 15 lessons with new members that we found this week.  

Contacting new people is fun.  My personal favorite is when old ladies who look through the curtains and see us and instantly their face turns super sour and they shake their finger at us.  At least answer the door. i mean come on.  Or the people who open the door expecting some friend or family and then see us and then immediately slam the door. It is fun though and we have found a couple nice people who might progress.  

Well that is all from me this week.  I need to write president now.  Love you guys a ton.  
Love,
Elder Steamer Lane Borup

No comments:

Post a Comment