Monday, October 14, 2013

Email Conversation 10-14-13


(Note from Dad: as soon as I emailed this morning he noticed I was still on line. We had this conversation.)

Elder Borup: hey you still online?
Dad: yes, are you?
Weston: Si
Dad: this is sort of weird isn't it? How’s things in Valdivia? What do you think about my stalking techniques?
Elder Borup: Valdivia is great!  So you can see my entire sector?
Dad: Yes, Are you the only missionaries in the Ward?
Elder Borup: yep
Dad: What street do you live on? (so I can look it up on Google Earth)
Elder Borup: Huilahue, in a little cabaña behind the house of Obispo
Dad: give me a close by street. is Obispo = Bishop?
Elder Borup: Yep.  Pedro Montt and Circumvalacion. we are at the verry bottom of the ward
Dad: I can look up your bishops address in the directory.
Elder Borup: our bishop just got made 1st counselor in the stake presidency, so he might not be listed as bishop any more.  His name is Chacon
Dad: I can find him that way then. Do you have a new Bishop then? Is he all about missionary work? IF not convert him. or I'll talk to him.
Elder Borup: yeah he loves missionary work
Dad: How's your training going?
Elder Borup: Well.  It’s hard when the language is still coming but I’m feeling better about it everyday.
Dad: Try to be bold and talk to everyone you meet. You'll get better at the language and you'll find people that way.
Elder Borup: yeah that is what I’m finding out
Dad: So are you doing something fun today?
Elder Borup: We are going to the church building to play ping pong
Dad: Oh good. GO dominate!!!! Slam one for me. I know you have a lot to do. I better let you get to it. Work hard and talk to everyone, you have the best message in the world to share. There is a living prophet of God and His church is on the Earth.
Elder Borup: Bye dad, I love you.  thanks for being such a good example for me.
Dad: Bye! I love you to. You're a great son. I couldn't have a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment