Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fun With the Niños

HELLO my friends.  how are you?  I hope you are all doing well.  Sounds like you are.  Way to go Mckenzie that is really impressive, same to mom and dad.  Well this week has been a real blur.  I am struggling to remember all of the things we did this week.... Uhhhh... Well I´ll tell you the highlights.
Me and my companion decided this week that we need to be more Chilean.  Haha. It has been fun to try.  We have made a huge group of new friends, the average age of them is probably around 8, but they are really nice and don't make fun of us.  Our new group of friends taught us how to use Trompos, these awesome top things that you have to throw in the air with your fingers attached to a string that is wrapped around the top, and then whip your hand back to spin it.  It spins way fast and then you can do some crazy things with the spinning top.  Look it up on youtube.  It has taken some practice but now i can pick up the top and balance it in my hand. cool right?  But our friends were really nice and now we talk to them for a little every time we pass.  That is how we get through to the hearts of the parents. through the children. 

We did watch all of the conference sessions. Awesome!!! I loved conference.  Member Missionary work. Amazing. Victoria our investigator went to all of the sessions! The talk President Uchtdorf gave in the sat. morning session was directly to her.  It was awesome.  I did get to watch it in English which was nice.  English is so beautiful.  

The language is rough.  I can not understand what they are saying!  When i tell them to slow down and talk clearer then i can but i don't get why they cant just talk like a regular Latino.  It is so slurred and abbreviated that some words are almost unrecognizable.  its insane.  But ill get it eventually. I have faith.  

I think that is all....I have some stories but they are too long to tell right now. When i get home ill tell you every thing that happened.  i love all of you guys so much. Take care of izzy. tell her hi fo me.  
Love, 
Elder Paco Borup


This is a picture of me with the El Estanque. the name sake for our sector



This is me with our cactus that we bought a couple of weeks ago.  His name is Carlito.  That is a cut out of Noah that we have put in his pot.

 Buenos dias


No comments:

Post a Comment