Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Good Days

Thanks everyone for the Birthday wishes.  I am really really happy to have such a bomb family and awesome friends.  I had an awesome birthday. A crazy red headed elder from New Mexico, named elder Marsden, made pancakes for me.  Everyone in church wished me happy birthday.  And the Bishop and Mamita invited me to their house. I just realized that i have never told you guys about them..... Well their awesome, and are about as old as Whitney. We ate Kuchen, which is like a mix between a cobbler and a pie. Besides that we didn't have any appointments,  so we did a ton of contacts.  We found a couple of really awesome people.
So Elder Delgado has left me, he left for Coyhaique as a zone leader.  I have a new companion now.  Sorry i didn't tell you last week but with Torres and all that there wasn't really time.  But my new companion, Elder Aedo, is Chileno and super cool.  Today we had some fun and went to ice skating.  It made me miss my roller blades, but i loved it.  

I have been a little discouraged with the lack of baptisms.  I really liked Dads letter, it got me amped to just work harder and try to be more and more obedient.  I know that someday i will get someone in the water.  Its just a matter of time.


This section of the letter is dedicated to my mother:

Dearest Mother,

I would like you to know that I am plenty warm now.  Our apartment has gas heating,  My jacket is excellent.  I enjoy being outside now, I feel like i am conquering nature.  I do use my sleeping bag every day.  Since the beginning of my mission actually.  I think I'll have to throw it away by the end of two years.  Oh! i got the package too.  It is awesome!!!!!!!!   I love the music! love the shirt! and I really love the package of instant pudding!  The ginger candies are also something that i have been savoring.  Thank you so much.  
I love you tons.

But over all this has been a good week.  Torres del paine was spectacular.  Better than i ever could have ever dreamed of.  When i looked up southern chile when i got my mission call, pictures of torres del paine came up.  So basically a dream come true to actually go there.  

That's about it.  

Elder The noise a frog makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment