Monday, April 14, 2014

Good Conference

Thanks everyone for the letters.  I think thats my real favorite part about pday, getting letters.  My least favorite is probably writing letters.  I will never work in an office.  I hate computers.  Especially evil chilean computers that try and plant viruses in your memory cards.  ahhhhh.

But this has been an awesome week.  Me and my new companion elder Aedo are really trying to work our hardest.  We had an awesome general conference weekend.  None of our investigators came, even though we committed almost all of them to come, but that didn't stop me to enjoy the enlightenment.  It did make me frustrated though.  I feel we are at a point where we need to start dropping investigators, I never thought i would say that.....   But in a talk given by elder Ballard in our mission, he said our job is to look for the people who have been prepared, by the lord, to receive this message.  The other week, when elder delgado left a family of 8 dropped us.  They were investigators of elder delgado and elder sosa, the elder before me.  The thing that they kept saying to me was"no offense, but it wont be the same with you and a new companion, it was really hard for us to get used to you, I don't think we can accept someone else."  They were a family who we thought were prepared.  But i think they just really liked getting visits and having us talk about pretty things.     What me and Elder aedo are going to try and do this week is identify the people who are willing to change, and take the steps to change.  

Well i didn't really want to talk about that in this letter, but i spent all that time typing it, sooooooo..... But we did find some sweet people this week.  One family that we found is the Fam. Muñoz.  We got a call one night from the other elders in our ward, and they said that there was a less active hermana that needed our help with some sort of service.  So in the morning we went to their house and spent like two hours mixing cement.  Oh and im not sure that cement mixers exist in chile.  All cement in mixed in the street with shovels and lots of work.  My whole body hurt after that.  But anyways while we were mixing cement we got to know the husband of this hermana.  He is way cool, he is a member since he was 14 but we got to know his two sons as well, neither of them are baptized and we set up a cita to teach them at the end of the week.  We went there the other day and had an awesome lesson with them. Both of the boys want to get baptized, we just need to activate the parents and they will be set.  It was an another awesome example of how service is the best way to find people to teach.  It is a good way to demonstrate your love, and that you really care about that person.

but anyways.  An overall good week.  I really hope you all enjoyed general conference.  The messages were inspired.  I dont remember who gave the talk about hope, but i will re analyze my notes when i get home.  That was my favorite talk, i felt like it was directed at me.  It said that the message that we share with the people is a message of hope.  Hope that Jesus is the Christ and that we can be with our family's forever.  I love that.  Hope is key to gaining a testimony, we always have to have hope.

I love you guys lots.

Chau chau,

Elder Borak
(for some reason, that is what blind people hear when i tell them my name.)

No comments:

Post a Comment