Monday, December 8, 2014

Snow. Rain. So cold.

 Nov 10, 2014

This was an amazing week.  We did have a lot of strike out days but yesterday was such an awesome day that it didn't really matter.

We are seeing some excellent progress here in Hand River.  We have some investigators that are really on the way to baptism.  

Jovita is the mom of a recent convert named Jimmy.  She is not married but wants to be baptized.  This week we had a killer lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  And we committed her to talk to her husband about getting married.  The husbands name is Jaime and he works as a fisherman. We has been gone for the past 2 months, and wont get back till the beginning of December.  but that's not that far away.  She has gone to church the past two weeks. She is loving it.

Carla is an investigator that has been really progressing.  We found her just a little bit ago and now we are really working hard with her.  She is super excited about the date we set for her baptism the 6 of December.  She came to church this Sunday for the first time and was so stoked.  She was telling all of the members that she was going to be baptized on the 6th. Way to cool. The best part about Carla is that she is already married and she does not drink or smoke.  that is a miracle.

The other guy who came to church this week is named Oscar.  Oscar is a stud.  He has been meeting with the missionaries for a while now.  and is just waiting on his divorce papers so that he and his wife can be baptized.  His wife is a missionary mom named Dahianna.  She has been inactive for the majority of her life but now is really starting to see the importance.  We are working with her so that she can be ready to go to the temple when her son gets home from his mission.  She is the one who keeps writing you mom.  I think she is writing madi too....  They are great.  

So me and elder Ackerman have been throwing the Trompos.  those top things.  This week i bought a new one.  Worst buy ever.  It has been trying to kill me this whole week.  I can throw it now and catch it in my hand. and this week i tried to do that with this new trompo and it gave me a huge blood blister.  I try it again and it gives me another.  So i decided to not throw it anymore.  Later in the week i decide i could give it a second chance.  I threw it, and when i was pulling it back to get it into my hand it catches and it flings back to hit me in the face.  It hurt really bad. i put my hand on top of where it hit me, right on my eyebrow, and started walking around the house shouting in pain.  Elder Ackerman is laughing his head off and i jokingly say that its bleeding.  I go to the mirror and take my hand off my eyebrow, and i'm covered in blood.  It wasnt that bad, but it did bleed a lot.  I completely got owned by this dang trompo.  Lucky that i didn't hit my self in my eyeball.

I guess thats all for this week.  Gook luck Mac Daddy on your Ironman.  

Love all of you,

Elder Barup
(almost)

No comments:

Post a Comment