Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Chilean Independance Day

Hi everyone.  Hows it going? good? good.  You all sound like you are doing great.  I wish i could have been there for the party McKenzie, but i don't think i would have watched the game. that sounds like the most painful thing in the world. Tell me, how is Izzy doing? has she finished that gigantic bone that i left her yet?
Well Chile is awesome.  So most of this past week was taken up by the 18th but before that on the 17th we had intercambios.  I went on splits with the zone leader.  He is Latino.... But he was from Argentina and i could almost understand him word for word.  I still don't understand why Chileans can't pronounce their words.  But the intercambio was awesome. I learned a ton and at the end of the day that Ward had a huge 18 party.  It was awesome! lots of patriotic karaoke and assada (Chilean BBQ).  I love the food here! it is amazing.  This week i have eaten problably around 15lbs of just meat.  It was amazing,  the empanadas are awesome! they put hard boiled eggs in them and this awesome grilled meat.  They are awesome. but the cambio went good and then when i get back to my sector i find that my companion has lost our phone. he feels guilty.... but we are borrowing a members phone, for some weird reason he has a back up phone, and all is well.    

So the 18th we had a day packed with visits, because we are only aloud to work with set appointments.  But all of them bailed on us.... So we spent most of the day in the cabaña.  I have made 2 hats since i have come here.  They are pretty good.  one was super small so i gave it to a little boy in the ward and now me and him are best buds.  I love crocheting (is that how you spell it? because i have no idea). why am i turning into such an old lady?  

I invited my first person to be baptized. We were talking to some guy in the street and we gave him an abbreviated plan of salvation lesson and then i invited him.  It was awesome. He rejected me. but i felt the spirit.  I guess he didn't.  But someone out there is waiting for me to invite them.  Missionary work is way fun. I love it.  Oh by the way i sent a letter to Tanner through the house. i hope that's OK.  But missionary work is the best.  I go to bed feeling fulfilled almost every night.  

Thanks for being such a great support to me and for all of the letters.  I love you guys a ton.

Love, 
Elder Steamer Lane Borup





The Bospue is a section of our sector that is huge.  It takes 30 min to walk from end to end.  So i thought that this sign was funny

we found real mac n cheese! there is a store down here that got bought by Walmart so they have all sort of different great value products


this is my companion looking like a dork.  He is super funny. But really goofy. i guess a lot like me. I made him the old lady hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment